What Is Microblading/Feathertouch?
Microblading, also known as “feathering” is a semipermanent eyebrow enhancement treatment, which is customized to your eyebrows needs including shape and colour.
Using a hand held tool to create hair like incisions in the very surface layer of the skin and then depositing coloured pigment into the skin to create crisp, fine hair like strokes to create the appearance of naturally fuller brows
How long does it last?
Since micro blading is “semi permanent”, the results gradually fade over time depending on the client. After your first initial treatment you will come back for your “perfecting session” 4-8 weeks after which is included in the initial cost. After that, results usually last 1-2 years, but can vary depending on clients skin/skin routine/ aftercare treatment. To maintain your results longer we advise 6-12 month touch up sessions if results are fading, so we can refresh the pigment and re define the fine hair strokes. Without maintenance your eyebrows will look faded over a period of time.
Who can get Microblading?
Microblading is a beauty treatment that can benefit a majority of people!
whether you already love your eyebrow shape but need it enhanced them that little bit more or if you have very thin to no eyebrows and want to create/re design your brows completely, you’re most likely a perfect candidate if you have none of the following contraindications
- On Accutane/Retin A – Topical steroids thin the skin and depending on the stage your skin is at it may be too fragile to follow through with the procedure. You must get clearance from your doctor prior to any permanent makeup
- Recent Botox or filler treatment around the eyebrows (we recommend a month)
-Waxing (at least wait a week)
-Chemical peels or micro needling (MUST wait at least 2 weeks for skin to be healed)
- Keloid scarring or prone to keloids
- Patients who have epilepsy, diabetes, haemophilia or heart disease must have physicians approval before undergoing the procedure
- Have an Auto Immune Disease – must get clearance from a doctor before procedure
- -Chemotherapy treatment within the past year
- - if you take blood thinning medication (must wait at least 72 hour before procedure)
- If you drink alcohol (must wait 72 hours before procedure)
- Pregnant or breast feeding
- If there are blemishes, pimples, active cold sores, irritation, moles or other skin imperfections in or around the area of the procedure we will not be able to proceed until the blemish or area of concern is gone or mole is removed and healed.
What can’t I do after the procedure/is there a downtime?
You CAN go back to work straight away, it is a fairly non-invasive procedure. There may be a little redness or swelling post procedure which is expected but not noticeable.
The healing process takes up to 21 days after your first appointment, I will go through exactly how to care for your eyebrows during the healing process, including cream for you to take home to apply to the new brows AND I will explain how to get the best and long lasting results even after they have healed. The results will depend on you, your skin, not following your aftercare instructions, and your lifestyle.
A few things that can affect your brows
- Getting them wet post procedure
- swimming or spas
- scratching or rubbing of the area
- applying area with serums or vitamin creams
- Sun bathing or solarium without covering the area
- Blood thinning medication (wait 48 hours after treatment)
- Alcohol (wit 48 hours after treatment)
- Fish Oil (wait 48 hours after treatment)
- Applying makeup to the area
What should I expect during the healing process?
During the healing process you may experience mild scabbing after the first week, you may also notice the colour deepen quite a lot, after that phase your brows may appear faded and a lot lighter, but they will deepen again to their true colour.
Does it hurt?
Do I need a consultation?
To make the treatment as comfortable as possible, a topical anaesthetic will be applied to the skin for 20 minutes so that the area is numb throughout the procedure. Numbing cream may not take the pain away 100% and It will vary from person to person. Numbing cream can be applied during the procedure as well to take away any discomfort. Most clients say on a scale of 1-10 it’s a “3”
Also note that women are more sensitive while menstruating, and if you have a low pain tolerance you may feel it more.
You can either come in and have a face to face consult, or after making the appointment you MUST send through a photo of your eyebrows naturally and also a photo of how you fill in your eyebrows so I can have a general idea of what you like and are use to shape/colour wise.
I will spend 20-30 minutes designing your eyebrow on the day to customize the best brows for your face, but always love to know what everyone is use to and feels comfortable with so I can take all that into consideration when designing your perfect brow.