So all this talk of Brow Lamination has got you wondering right? Well let us break it down for you!
Brow lamination is a technique used on the brows to create voluminous, full, feathery brows that are defined and yet natural looking. The treatment is designed to straighten the brow hairs and give them a full fluffy and more lifted look. It's being hailed as the needle-free alternative to microblading as the results look so precise.
The new technique originating in Russia, is essentially a perm for your eyebrows, but without using the same harsh chemicals. It’s a keratin treatment that not only stimulates growth while strengthening the brow hairs, but creates thick, fluffy, and full brows.
WHO SHOULD GET BROW LAMINATION?
While brow lamination is generally for everyone, there are a few exceptions. The treatment is not recommended for people who have scratches, burns, or scars near the eyes, skin conditions, or inflammation in the eyebrow area. You should also stay away from brow lamination if you are pregnant, have allergies or past reactions to cosmetics, dyes, and semi-permanent tattooing such as microblading.
HOW BROW LAMINATION WORKS:
When the Brow Perming Solution is applied, the chemical process breaks down the bonds within each hair, allowing them to morph and move into a new shape.
When the Brow Fixing Solution is applied, the hair bond remodels into the new shape.
The Brow Keratin is applied at the end of the treatment to restore moisture back into the brows and skin.
Blush Bar's signature Keratin fusion brow lamination also includes a brow tint and sculpt.
NOTE: The new brow design and shape takes up to 48 hours for the bonds to lock into place and cure, which is why it is important to follow the correct aftercare procedures for 48 hours post-treatment.
BROW LAMINATION CLIENT AFTERCARE:
What should and should not be done 24 hours post treatment for longevity of results:
- Keep brows dry for 24 hours.
- Use Brow Code Gold Brow Growth Oil daily.
- Do not apply make-up or undertake further eye treatments for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid swimming/sauna/working out for 24-48 hours. Any excess moisture after this time can cause a slight curl/frizz to the brow hair.
- Do not allow prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or heat.
- Do not apply Retin-A, AHA or exfoliate around the brow area for 72 hours either side of the treatment.
- No self-tanning products should be used on the face for one week prior and 48 hours after treatment.
HOW LONG WILL BROW LAMINATION LAST?
It lasts up to 6-8 weeks. Each morning your Laminated brows will require styling by brushing and setting in place. We also suggest to apply the Brow Code Brow Growth Oil daily to restore the brow hair.
Here's one we prepared earlier so you can see exactly what is involved in the process!